Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daring Baker's: Candylicious!

I've been waiting for weeks and weeks to post my August Daring Baker's Challenge and here it is: 'Candylicious'

Bakers Challenge blog checking lines: The August 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drive and Mandy of What the Fruitcake?!. These two sugar mavens challenged us to make sinfully delicious candies! This was a special challenge for the Daring Bakers because the good folks at http://www.chocoley.com offered an amazing prize for the winner of the most creative and delicious candy!

I opted to make cut/dipped bon bons, two flavours of truffle and a bark candy. Here's what i did:

1) Dolce and Banana Homemade Marshmallow Dipped Chocolates: I made homemade marshmallows, infused with caramelized banana tea and then sliced the marshmallows in half and filled them with caramel before dipping them in dark tempered chocolate

2) Chamomile Lavender Milk Chocolate Truffles: I infused milk chocolate and cream with a chamomile lavender coconut tea and then dipped in tempered dark chocolate
3) Coconut Curry Milk Chocolate Truffles: I infused milk chocolate and cream with a curry and added toasted coconut before dipping in tempered dark chocolate. Surprisingly yummy!
4) Strawberry lime pistachio and sea salt tea biscuit bark: Say that 20 times! I tempered white chocolate, added a bit of strawberry puree, lime zest, honeyed pistachio's and sea salt. I then took every day tea biscuits and poured boiled butter and white and brown sugar over it before baking for 9 minutes. Once removed from the oven I poured my chocolate over it, spread it and froze it until it could break into bark. Next time I would wait for the cookies to cool completely before pouring the chocolate on top. I think the heat of the cookies took away from my tempered chocolate look. Otherwise delicious!

3 comments:

  1. What an array of treats! Amazing! Really so creative with the flavours, good job. I especially love the sound of the dulce & banana marshmallow bonbons :D
    Thanks for taking part in the challenge, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your flavors are phenomenal, and your candy looks awesome! I really love the dulce banana and strawberry - pistachio bark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this challenge! Everything looks delicious!
    -ceecee

    ReplyDelete