Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Favourites from the past

This is a cake that Charlie and my sisters go crazy for. it's a vegan pumpkin cake with a 'cream cheese' frosting. I'll definitely post my recipe for this sometime soon.


A vegan lavender lemon 'cheesecake', which looked much prettier than it tasted.

This was a 'Black bottom silk peanut butter pie' from Vegan with a vengeance

Clearly not vegan, but a yummy breakfast we made in Italy and I like the photo.

A cranberry sauce in the making from this last Thanksgiving. I took a basic recipe and added some fresh squeezed orange juice and red wine - zest too. I like to add zest ALL the time.

Also not vegan. Shortbread with chocolate drizzle and salted pistachios. Kind of time consuming but good. I'm actually planning to play around with a gluten free shortbread, so stayed tuned. It should be easy to come up with, as traditional shortbread already turns out better with a fine grain rice flour (in my opinion).

A gluten free chocolate cake I made for a friend's son who is on a gluten free diet. I made Sponge Bob from Fondant that i coloured. The frosting is not vegan - it's butter cream. Generally, I like to use salted butter with these frostings, as I'm a big fan of adding unexpected salt to baked goods. For kids though, I'd go more lightly on the salt. They want the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment