Friday, July 22, 2011

Cottage Classics







The cottage is all about food for us. We have so much free time that it's easy to cook bigger meals and we like to eat and eat and eat!

I'm a big soup maker and beans are big in our lives. Here are a couple of items we made last week at Kennisis Lake:

Corn Chowder:

  • I roasted 4 tomatoes and 6 ears of corn on the bbq
  • In the meantime I sauteed onions, garlic , celery and fennel
  • Then I added thyme, salt and pepper and chopped waxy white potatoes (2)
  • Then I added the corn and tomato and a couple of veggie soup cubes and water
  • I boiled and simmered for ages then pulsed it in the blender until chunky
  • Finally I added fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste

This was delicious!! Next time I'm going to add a bit of chipoltle or maybe even a touch of liquid smoke.

Next we made quesadilla snacks:

Sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic (in butter)
Spread on soft tortilla with gouda
Add fresh cilantro

Grill on bbq!

Also pictured are adobe beans (no recipe - sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment