Friday, July 22, 2011

Pretty Old Things





A while ago we discovered Jadite and we never looked back. Now we are building our Jadite stock, trying to get a complete set of dishware, mugs, and the odd mixing bowl.

Jadite was made by Fire King and is a remarkably resilient. It was probably sold as a low end product, but today it's pretty pricey to get. The trouble is that they don't make it anymore, so there's limited stock and a surprising amount of interest - well, I'm not surprised I guess.

Much to our horror, Martha Stewart further popularized our little addiction when she launched her line of jadite inspired items. Her stuff is nice, but it's just not the same...

I'm also loving the Pyrex mixing bowls. My favourite is the wheat design, but all of them are really cool.

A while back I posted about the silver from my great grandmother. The question was whether or not to start using it every day and run it through the dishwasher. We decided to go for it and it's great. The pieces have some tarnish as a result, but the tarnish is pretty and it feels good to get use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment