Friday, July 22, 2011

Whoopie Pies



Cupcakes have been SO popular, macaroons are everywhere in North America and, even marshmallows are now having their day.

But it's the whoopie pie bandwagon I wanted to jump on. Everyone seems to be doing it. Verdict? Tasty but I really don't see what the wild craze is about. It's just a puffy little cookie with some oreo like icing in the middle. Yes, there are a million possibilities in flavour...I get that. Sure, it tastes good - in the way almost all baked goods tend to. Maybe it's nostalgic for some people. And, I suppose they look kind of novel and exciting. Yet, as a baked good item, they really don't do much for me. I'm over it.

Maybe my indifference is the reason that i can't for the life of me find the recipe I used for this! There are TONS online though.

No comments:

Post a Comment